Effective: July 2020
We may update or change this Policy from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the revised Policy on the Site and updating the effective date at the top of the Policy. Your continued use of the Site following the effective date of the revised Policy constitutes your acceptance of and consent to those changes. You are responsible for periodically reviewing the most current version of the Policy posted on the Site to check for any changes.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
In this Policy, “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual.
Information You Provide Directly
If you subscribe to receive a newsletter or blog post updates or otherwise contact us via the Site, we may collect certain personal information about you such as your name, e-mail address, phone number and other personal information you may voluntarily submit to us. We also may collect personal information from you in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Information Collected by Automatic Means
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To operate, manage and improve the Site and to present its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, including, as applicable, any newsletters or blog posts or other communications for which you sign up.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected.
- To notify you about changes to the Site, the information, products, or services that we offer or provide through it, and/or related terms, conditions and policies.
- For any other purpose with your consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes described herein.
- To our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support the Site (such as service providers who design, maintain or host the Site and analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Site improvement and optimization) or whose services we consider necessary for the purposes described herein, and who are obligated (by contract, professional obligation or otherwise) to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to protect it with the same standards as set out in this Policy.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a prospective or completed divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it or any other purpose disclosed by us when you provided the information.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Media Profile or others.
- For any other purpose with your consent or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Newsletters or Blog Post Updates – If you have opted-in to receive newsletters or blog post updates from us but no longer wish to have your email address used by Media Profile for such purpose, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link included in the email or by unsubscribing on the sign up form available on the Site.
Withdrawing Consent – Subject to certain legal and contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may refuse or withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us directly as described below (see “Contact Us”). Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with the particular information, product or service you seek. We will explain the implications to you at the time to help you with your decision.
Accessing Your Personal Information
On your written request, subject to limited exceptions under applicable law, we will give you access to the personal information we retain about you and provide you with an account of the use of that information and third parties to whom it has or may have been disclosed. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of that information and, if you demonstrate that your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, we will make reasonable efforts to amend that information as required and, where applicable, transmit the amended information to third parties having access to the information in question. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access the personal information that we hold about you or to make your requested changes. If we are unable to provide you with access to some or all of your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described below (see “Contact Us”).
Retention of Personal Information
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, we will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
Security of Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technological and administrative safeguards designed to protect your personal information against loss or theft, and from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, copying or modification.
Links to Third Party Websites
For your convenience, the Site may contain links to other websites that are not maintained or controlled by Media Profile and are not governed by this Policy. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies which we encourage you to review. Your use of such third-party websites is at your own risk and we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices of any such third-party websites or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of such sites.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Policy or our privacy practices involving the Site, please contact us at:
579 Richmond St W, Suite 500, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1Y6
We will investigate and respond to your questions, concerns or requests, and attempt to resolve any complaints and disputes regarding this Policy and our privacy practices involving the Site. If you are not satisfied with our response to your inquiry or complaint, the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada may provide you with information and a further review of your complaint.
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
Toll Free: 1-800-282-1376
Mail: 30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, QC K1A 1H3
© 2020 Media Profile Inc. All Rights Reserved.