We’re hiring: Director, social media strategy
January 11, 2018
Media Profile is seeking a dynamic lead for its growing and evolving social media team.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Digital Communications, the Director, Social Media Strategy will manage a team in the development and execution of social media strategy for our clients across a variety of industries from food and beverage to automotive, travel to financial, and retail to real estate.
In this role, you will have senior leadership exposure and work across multiple roles: research, community management, creative and content. This individual will also contribute to shaping and growing our social media capabilities.
We are looking for a self-starter and a team leader who can use data-driven insights to inform strategy, who is committed to on-brand messaging and content creation and can demonstrate their strategic approach to social media campaigns and tactical execution.
- Strengthen and manage senior client relationships and identify organic growth opportunities to support the client’s business – anticipate what’s next and help clients see around corners, get ahead of issues and capitalize on new opportunities;
- Develop strategic social media programs and effectively assemble, deploy and lead integrated account teams and specialists in their implementation;
- Experience working with integrated teams consisting of research, planning and creative, analytics, social and earned media specialists, production and paid media;
- Brief in creative concepts and see them through development and final approvals;
- Support the creation and activation of paid promotional campaigns;
- Lead the development of effective performance reports that align to the organizations’ overall goals;
- Oversee client account, budget management and forecasting and proactively identify and navigate issues and challenges.
- Support Media Profile’s marketing and communication efforts on our social channels;
- Continuously monitor social media landscape and trends, identifying new platforms and competitor activity; use internal and external resources to address knowledge gaps and provide learning opportunities for staff;
- Advise client teams on social media programs
- Responsible for leadingsocial media aspects of RFP submissions and new business pitches;
- Identify effective solutions for technology and measurement challenges and establish partnerships with social media vendors.
- Demonstrated track record of developing client relationships and executing successful social media campaigns for top brands;
- Proficiency with Facebook Business Manager and Insights, Twitter Ads Manager and Analytics, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions and Analytics, and Instagram Analytics;
- Experience with community management, content publishing and social listening tools such as Hootsuite, Agorapulse, Buffer, HeyOrca, Simply Measured, Sprout Social, Netbase, Brandwatch, Crimson Hexagon and Synthesio;
- 6-8 years of experience and proficiency in all aspects of social media campaign management including strategic planning, content development, quality assurance, analytics and community management;
- Aptitude for navigating both the creative and analytical aspects of social media and willingness to support various areas as needed;
- Strategic thought leader with the ability to use consumer insights data, platform performance, and key social media trends to inform the development of strategies and plans;
- Proven experience in social media for global corporations (reputation management, executive profiling) and brands (social media and influencer campaigns);
- Demonstrated experience leading and successfully mobilizing integrated teams, including research, planning and creative, analytics, social and earned media specialists, production and paid media;
- Possess a hunter mentality to and successful track record of building trusted client relationships and growing organic and new business;
- Experience with digital and content marketing, influencer relations, website development, SEO and SEM are an asset, but not required.
This is a full-time position. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If this opportunity interests you, and you meet the above requirements, please email your resume along with a short case study highlighting a social media campaign you led during the past year to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.